Reports of diarrhoea and stomach cramps at Hotel Globus Bulgaria
Guests to the Hotel Globus in Bulgaria have taken to TripAdvisor after suffering symptoms of gastric illness.
The hotel is a four star all inclusive, which is promoted by Balkan Holidays. The Hotel Globus is located in the Sunny Beach area and features two buffet restaurants and one a la carte restaurant.
It has been reported that holidaymakers have suffered severe diarrhoea and stomach cramps.
Guests have complained about the poor standard of food at the hotel and have linked these issues to their illnesses suffered.
One guest witnessed the food containers in the buffet restaurant regularly topped up with cold food.
Another visitor, who ate pork in the buffet restaurant said it was stone cold and tasted peculiar. He added the next day I started to suffer with symptoms of food poisoning.
Other guests I spoke to were also suffering with stomach cramps and diarrhoea.
Are you still on holiday at the Hotel Globus in Bulgaria? If so, here are some tips to help you:
- Immediately seek medical attention, ensuring you receive a copy of your medical records.
- Keep the receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and hotel and take a copy of the complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
Have you returned and still suffering illness?
- Book an appointment to see your GP when you return. You may need to provide a stool sample.
- You may be entitled to compensation. In the UK, the law permits British holidaymakers to make a claim against their tour operator for illness suffered abroad if the illness is caused as a result of fault on the part of the hotel.
- To ensure you receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to, it is important to seek legal advice and speak directly to a holiday illness expert.
- Tour operators are notorious for undervaluing claims. If you attempt to deal with the tour operator directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
- Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law, at Your Holiday Claims has over 30 years experience in this area of law and the team at Your Holiday Claims has over 50 years combined experience in dealing with holiday illness claims. You can be confident that you will receive the best possible outcome for your claim.
If you’d like more information on how we can help, find out how we help holidaymakers make a claim for illness in Bulgaria.
How to contact our Bulgaria holiday claims experts
If you’d like to speak to one of our experts about making a claim, call our helpline today on 0800 01 54321,
Or, if you can’t talk to us right now, just click the button below to complete our quick online contact form.
Complete our 60 second form